11/25/2010

Miners are feared dead

A second explosion at a New Zealand coal mine Wednesday wiped out all hope of rescuing the 29 miners missing after a powerful blast six days ago.
Police and mine bosses in the South Island town of Greymouth said that, just as a 16-man rescue team was preparing to enter the Pike River mine, a huge explosion ended all hope.
The blast, caused by a build-up of methane within the mine, made it "extremely unlikely" that anyone could have survived, bosses said.


Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/world/Second+blast+ends+hope+saving+miners+Zealand/3874784/story.html#ixzz16EatlG3z









Our prayers are with your families and friends.

4 comments:

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

I like my fellow Kiwi's have been in mourning since hearing the terrible news yesterday.... my heart aches for all the families...

Lyn xxx

Michelle said...

Oh what a nightmare. I know mines have to be, but the disasters that befall them - and more importantly the workers within - are frightening. My thoughts and prayers are with their family and friends.

Kipp said...

Tragic news...our thoughts and prayers are with the families.

Java said...

Hi!

Thanks for stopping by the Over 40 Bloggers I added your blog to the list!!

Thanks for joining the party!

Hope you get lots of followers from it! Including me!! Please follow me back if you haven’t done so already!!

Be sure to come by on Sunday for the Meet Me On Monday Blog Hop!

Have a great day!!