6/02/2012

Caramel popcorn, take 2

I really love popcorn and used to make flavored corn. I can't remember where I got the recipe, but I would make it for holidays and pass out popcorn balls to coworkers and friends. That recipe was simple:
1 c corn syrup
1 c sugar
1 box jello (jelly for the Brit side of the world)
Bring to boil over medium heat, pour over popcorn, stir. Butter your hands and form balls. Cool on waxed paper (baking paper) on counter.

But, since I had no idea what corn syrup was called here and had to be lucky to find it (once I discovered it is called glucose syrup), I moved on to actual Caramel Corn recipes. My first recipe is here.

I have found another recipe that doesn't use condensed milk and am very happy with it. And here it is:

Caramel popcorn2

Pop 1/2 c popping corn and put into large bowl. (I just make 2 large pans full.)

1/2 c butter, chopped
3/4 c sugar
2 T honey
1 c chopped pecans, if desired
Combine over medium heat; bring to boil; boil uncovered, without stirring for 6-8 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from heat, add pecans.
Pour over popcorn and stir until coated. Spread over tray lined with baking (waxed) paper until cool.

Enjoy while you can because it doesn't last long!


2 comments:

Belle said...

I love, love caramel popcorn! Looks like a great recipe.

Scrappy Grams said...

I wouldn't dare make this because I'd be eating all of it by myself.