A couple of weeks ago, I posted about our little container garden (click here for that post) and how pleased I was with its growth. As I went around the house taking photos to upload, I noticed this pot where we had planted some mystery bulbs.
Since they looked a bit sad, I was wondering if we had carried the bulbs around too long for them to grow properly.
Or maybe they didn't get quite enough water, since the pot was under the eaves.
Obviously, we did get a bit of growth, which was encouraging. But the stems (possibly crocuses) never got very big.
Then, yesterday, I went out to get the clothes off the line and saw this:
Yep. Mystery solved.