6/30/2019

Yesterday

Most of the movie theaters in New Zealand are run by the local district councils.
The Kings Theater in Stratford, built in 1917, (click here for its history), was the first in NZ to show 'talkies' and, of course, is a historic place.

On the other hand, Hawera Cinema is more modern. I can't find any info on when it was built but it was recently upgraded with some Premium seating, complete with tables, cushions and footstools (not in the photo).  


Although many films don't really interest Hubby and me, we went to see
'Yesterday' and try out the premium seating. It was a good choice and we both loved it!


I know we are among the last to get any movies from anywhere
but, at least, we get a good one now and then.
Have you seen 'Yesterday'?

10 comments:

Amy said...

wow now that is premium seating alright. Gone are the days where we would be bunched up in individual seats next to each other fighting over the armrest.

Mikael Bergman said...

a great fine cinema with comfortable chairs with tables

Christa J. said...

In my opinion a nice cinema with very comfortable seats. :-)
A very good idea to put small tables inbetween the seat, where to put on drinks or whatever. :-)

Tanza Erlambang said...

premium sitting looks so great...love it

diane b said...

Nice seats. I haven't seen the movie but it is in the theatres at the moment.

kiwikid said...

I have not seen it yet, hope to. Saw Woman at War last week, that was a good film.

Penelope Notes said...

The seating is glorious and the movie plot sounds interesting indeed! Can't even imagine a world without Beatle tunes.

Phil Slade said...

I do like that double seating. Just the job for me and SWMBO, but she may not agree.

Jackie and Joel Smith said...

Can't remember the last time we went to a movie in a theatre. . .or for that matter even watched a movie. Living in Greece we seem focused on reading books and movies are shown in Greek, making them all Greek to me! :-)

Veronica Lee said...

I haven't seen a movie in a cinema for a long time. I think my last movie was Finding Nemo!

I prefer to watch movies on my laptop. I like to pause and look at the synopsis when the plot gets too difficult to understand - different timelines, parallel universes, etc!