Sometimes, don't you just want to grab somebody by the shoulders, shake vigorously, and say, "What the **** were you thinking?"
If I could insert the following into their brains, I'd feel much better...
- You are the parent, quit letting 2-year olds make choices--that's why they HAVE parents
- Life is full of choices--even choosing to trust or give the benefit of the doubt
- If you are going to be a leader, be a leader by example, not just a title
- Don't ask questions that you don't want an honest answer to
- If you think your kid will hate you for a bit of discipline, take that chance, we, as a society, will appreciate that he didn't break into our house because of it
- Yes, you do have emotions but try to control them. We don't need or want to hear about every little thought that goes through your head
- Even after many years of 'knowing' someone you can be wrong, so don't assume
- Revenge, even on a small scale, is not a good thing. Not every actions needs an immediate reaction
- If you don't know what your opinions are, take a bit of time to find out. Then stand by them. Don't flip-flop--it isn't pretty
- If YOU teach your kids about acceptable behavior, it will be much easier on them than the bully in the school yard doing it
- If you care, then care all the way, 24/7--not just when it's comfortable (because I guarantee there are times when they aren't comfortable with you, either)
- Sometimes, you should be content with the fact that you did the right thing without having to have it noticed
- If you think about 'things' more often than people, you have some serious work to do on yourself
- Gossip does NOT make you look important, no matter how juicy it is or how many times you repeat it
- Believe it or not, there are more numbers on the 'anger dial' than just zero and 10. Sometimes a simple touch or word can help you decide that there's no need to be angry at all.
- Moms, you are the ONLY ones that care about your toddler being able to express himself in the grocery store--the rest of us aren't interested and, even behind the faux smiles, are thinking, "Shut your freakin' kid up!"
- If you can look yourself in the mirror and like who looks back, it's all good.