8/30/2009

Blogger hints 2

NOTE: Basically you just need to change one or two numbers, but this explanation contains a lot of information that you might need to feel comfortable enlarging your photos, so don't let the amount of words scare you.

This takes a little bravery, as you have to edit the html (language the blog is written in). If you aren't confident doing this but still would like to enlarge your photos, I suggest that you
  • click the 'layout' tab,
  • then click 'edit html'
  • then click 'download full template'.
This will save your current blog template to your computer hard drive.
That way, if you really DO mess it up, you can always upload the template again and all will be as before!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Enlarging photos - Click on the 'edit html' button on the post you wish to change. There you will find html that looks something like the section below.
NOTE: I have taken out enough of the html so blogger won't try to read it as a photo and tell me I have errors!
/xJhBBlDnEr8/s1600-h/DSCF1673.JPG" onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} mg alt="" border="0" id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5324641785610397602" src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dTM6CTqhDek/SeTtfiuCZ6I/AAAAAAAAOVU/xJhBBlDnEr8/s320/DSCF1673.JPG" style="cursor: hand; cursor: pointer; display: block; height: 320px; margin: 0px auto 10px; text-align: center; width: 400px;" />

OK, now...first:

Look for the 'height: 320px' and 'width: 400px' (in red above).

If you find this, simply change the 320 to 480 and the 400 to 640 and your larger photos should appear in 'preview'.

If you don't find those, then look for the /s320/ (in blue above) and change it to /s400/.

NOTE: If you change the s320 and it does not make the pictures larger in 'preview', then you missed the 'height' and 'width' numbers and need to search for them again.



That's all there is to it! And now you can say that you have edited html!

2 comments:

Lorac said...

Hi Betty! Good explanation. I just finished and html and xhtml basic course. It really is amazing what one can do. Great advice to download template though.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Thanks for your hints, Betty. I read both posts. The one thing that irritates me so much is why the music cannot be an option --and IF we want to hear someone's music, why can't WE click on it --instead of having to find the darn thing to turn it off. I'm like you, I keep my volume down. BUT--if I'm listening to my own iTunes, the music on someone's blog overtakes it. Drives me crazy!!!!! I think the music should be at the top of everyone's blog page --so we can find it and turn it OFF .

Thanks again.
Hugs,
Betsy