Mystery solved, maybe

...maybe. Back in April, I posted a photo of some seedpods that I found under the flowering cherry trees in the front garden. 
Since we rent our house and it has been here quite a while, the possibilities were endless as far as I was concerned. 
There didn't seem to be any flowers from bulbs nearby and they weren't recognized by anyone that I asked. I was advised to plant them and see what comes up--which I did, but nothing yet.

Today when I was digging up my anemone bulbs because they weren't happy this year, I noticed that they have the same sort of net-looking cover on them!!
The bulbs definitely didn't have the coverings on the when I planted them, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw them.
They may not be the same, but I am happy to learn about the anemones and maybe I am a step closer to finding out.


Missy and her mermaid tail

Missy is going to college uni in the cold, cold south and asked me if I'd make this mermaid tail to keep her feet warm. I haven't crocheted in a while, but she doesn't ask much so I thought I'd give it a try. I really didn't understand the instructions as they were written, but I knew what the final product was suppose to be so I made it up as I went along. I think she's happy with the result!