the ramblings of a mad woman who was transported from her comfort zone in the US Midwest to a different country and culture that shouldn't be so different, but it is.
The beautiful little place of worship was established in 1955, built by the small farming community of Pukeatua as a memorial and lasting reminder of those local young men who gave their lives in the two World Wars.
At the time the Pukeatua Church was built the district had no church and Sunday services were held in the local hall. The idea for a church for all denominations was first mooted in 1946 and was taken up with enthusiasm, with 500 pledged towards the building at the first meeting. Edited excerpts from the book 'Waipa Home of Champions: Celebrating 150 Years'. Written and produced by historians Richard Stowers and Kingsley Field.
Click here to read more.
A commemoration was held in 2019.
Click here for more information.