11/20/2011

Smart birds

We went to KFC for the first time in ages the other day. They have automatic doors that use a sensor at the top, I'm sure you've see them. Apparently, sparrows are smart enough to figure out how they work!

Yes, for the second time, Hubby and I witnessed a lone sparrow open the door and fly in to help himself (or herself) to the leftovers sitting on the table and the crumbs on the floor. After eating a bit, the bird flew to the door, tripped the sensor and flew out again. Twice.

I was impressed between giggles.

7 comments:

Belle said...

Smart sparrow! That is so cute, and who knew they would be so smart.

Yvonne said...

I always say that some types of sparrows are very clever at surviving.

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

I love that your comment label is those distracted by shiny objects! It reminds me of that silly crow on the Secret of NIMH. Silly birds. But, it also reminds me of a boy I used to work with who had autism and was always distracted by my jewelry. Funny thing is that my husband saw him the other day at middle school (I hadn't seen him since he was a third grader), and he was holding a large plastic "diamond" that he thought was real and kept talking about its shiny-ness.

Lil said...

How smart is that!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love yours and I love the idea of seeing the world through pictures~ Very neat!

Marja said...

lol a very clever bird indeed

a joyful noise said...

With their small brain, it is a wonder that birds can figure these things out - how to get a meal.
Amazing story. God is concerned even for the sparrows.

Sarah said...

Hahaha that is funny!