11/17/2011

Enjoying the new place

For the first time in longer than I can remember, we had a little barbecue in the back yard garden. Otterboy invited his inseparable buddy over, Hubby grilled sausages and it was so wonderful to be able to sit outside and eat and watch the boys kick a ball around, knowing the neighbors aren't going to start acting rude at any moment.

Hubby has also been working hard getting a small  veggie garden planted with peas, carrots, beans and a few other things I can't remember. He has put out planterboxes that he made along the front with some potted color in them, as well. Otterboy took over the flowerbed alongside  the house and is growing some really pretty impatiens and pansies.

I have some tomatoes growing in the glass-enclosed porch along with a few more veggie sprouts.

We are really settling in and enjoying the change. It's a bit less room in this house, I think, but the layout of the house makes it seem bigger.

Since we are only a few blocks from town, I don't have to take Hubby to work when I have to tutor at SeniorNet--I can just walk there and to the grocery store, too.

Speaking of SeniorNet, I am writing a few short courses to be taught on photo storage, trademe (NZ version of ebay), Facebook and different ways to search for things on the internet besides using your ISP homepage. I've never done anything like this before, but it seems to be coming along quite nicely.

I think this place will do until we get a transfer to a different district so Otterboy will be in a different school system.

2 comments:

Belle said...

What a difference a move can make. Neighbors do make a difference and I've always found it is nice to live near to the town center. It's great you do work for SeniorNet to help them!

RennyBA said...

What a great start and one can really tell you enjoyed!

Happy weekend and greetings - all the way from Norway :-)