1/08/2013

Bring up the past

In the last few days, I have had some comments on a post I wrote on the 29th of October, 2008, called
Rude Kiwis...again!  You can click here to read it if you want. I blogged about this subject on several occasions, mostly as a matter of cultural differences and have since moved on to other things to blog about.

This particular post has had 2051 views so far, so, obviously, there is a fair amount of interest in the subject matter. That makes me wonder why people end up on my blog. I know that a couple of my posts have been discussed on some forum boards, but I can't pinpoint any reasons for this one to be so popular.

Funnily enough, this was one of the first blog posts that I got a comment on, but I decided not to publish it because it was from a New Zealander (one of more than a few) who proved my point by telling me to go back where I came from because I'm not wanted here, anyway. Anonymously, of course--which is why I don't allow anonymous comments any more. Ah, the irony.

7 comments:

chitra said...

Happy New year Betty..

Belle said...

You'll have to come to Canada one day. Most people here are polite until they are driving their cars.

merinz said...

I hadn't read your 2008 post before. Just reading it now - I feel quite sad that your early encounters have not been pleasant.

I tend to agree with your experiences in the supermarket with people blocking the aisles with little thought for those trying to get past. If the aisle is blocked I now leave my trolley at the end and walk on past them to get my items.

Has your opinion of NZers changed now you have been here longer?

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

So sorry to hear yet again how rude people can be, sometimes. Some friends say others are rude because there are just too many of us vying for space, for jobs, etc. The point though, is that there really is NO reason why people should be rude.

Good luck with the posts...over 2, 000 hits...wow.

Gail Dixon said...

Wow, I can't imagine why people have to be so hurtful. What a shame. :(

Pearl said...

Having never been to NZ I can only say that we have the same thing herein The States, although I must admit, leaving in Minnesota and so close to Canada that, as Belle stated above, we are quite polite to each until we get into our cars. :-)

Pearl

Mommy Evolution said...

Please join us for a Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your favorite posting of the week and see what others are talking about at http://www.fridayflashblog.blogspot.com

And be sure to sign up on our site to get an email notice when the next Friday Flash Blog is live.