5/20/2009

A touching story

Bob Hill and his new wife Betty are vacationing in Europe. As they drive their rental car along a rather deserted highway, it begins to rain. Suddenly, the car skids out of control and smashes into a tree.


After a moment, Bob shakes his head clear and looks around. He  sees that his wife is unconscious and  bleeding. Despite the rain and unfamiliar countryside, he knows he has to get her medical assistance right away. He carefully picks her up and begins trudging down the road. Soon, he sees a light coming from a large, old house and raps loudly on the door.
A small, hunched man opens the door and Bob blurts, "My name is Bob Hill, and this is Betty. We've been in a terrible accident, and my wife is seriously hurt. Can I please use your phone?"
"I'm sorry," replies the man, "but we don't have a phone. But, my master is a doctor; come in and I will get him!"

A few moments later, an older man comes down the stairs. "I'm afraid my assistant may have misled you. I am not a medical doctor; I am a scientist. However, I have had some basic medical training. Let me see what I can do."

With that, the assistant picks up Betty and carries her downstairs and places her on a table. Bob follows closely, but soon collapses from his own injuries and exhaustion.

The two men work feverishly for hours, but to no avail. 
Saddened by the loss, the master wearily climbs the steps to his conservatory, for it is here that he has always found solace. He begins to play his grand piano, and  soon a stirring, almost haunting, melody fills the house.
As the assistant is tidying up the lab, his eye catches movement. He turns to see  Betty's hand twitch, slowly at first, but then keeping time to the haunting piano music. Stunned, he watches as Bob's hand, too, begins to rise and fall. Then, they both sit up, smiling!
Unable to contain himself, the assistant dashes up the stairs. He bursts through the door and shouts: 
"Master, Master! ..... The Hills are alive with the sound of music!"

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh that was horrible. HORRIBLE. And I loved it :) I totally didn't see where that was going until the end.

Lorac said...

OMG I loved it! Sweet ending!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I wasn't expecting that either!

Bitsa Lit said...

HAHA!!! I love it! I grew up with that movie lol...best ever. THankyou or sharing it with us! :)