7/18/2010

Phred the Ginga Ninja

Phred has settled into our lives very nicely. Of course, it is he that owns us, as cats do. He is very content to pretend to be the great ginger hunter while he waits for me to hang clothes.

He seems to have a ginger and white nemesis that lives across the fence. I'm not sure what they think they are doing, but I will hear a blood-curdling howl occasionally when the 'other' cat ventures too close to the patio. Phred actually tried to attack him through the glass door once, but that didn't work out very well, as you can imagine!


It's a strange relationship they have.  When we first moved into this house, we though 'the ginger' (as we call him) used to live at our house because he would sit outside the front and back doors and just peer into the windows. Twice, he actually came into the house like he owned it!

At the end of the day, we all know who's boss. 

7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

He is magnificent!!!! Cats rule. I love cats. And I love the spelling of his name.

Amy said...

he's lovely - the one of him looking into the fridge cracks me up lol.

chitra said...

Nice to Phred is comfortable. Lovely photos.

Linda said...

What a cutie! I love the one of him looking in the fridge too!

Leanne said...

Phred has you guys sussed!

Thanks for stopping by blog - lovely to meet you - love your photos too!

Love Leanne

EG CameraGirl said...

Love your kitty shots. Ginger is so handsome!

Kate said...

Delightful post. But I have this urge to shut the fridge for you... perhaps I need to go and light the fire. It's a bit cold here this morning!