I admit that I was attracted to the 'other' house because it was shiny and new (less than 20 years old), but the fact of the matter is that we're just not 'shiny and new' people. The bottom line is this: we don't really care what things cost or look like or what others think about where we live or how our home is furnished.
It's better than the 'other' house in a lot of ways:
- it's not so 'new' that I would be afraid of getting things dirty
- this place is smaller so it's easier to heat
- it's so close to Hubby's work that he could ride a bike if he wanted
- I like the layout of this house better
- we can pretty much do what we want to 'improve' the house
- rent is quite a bit lower
- the landlord doesn't live a stone's throw away
- in fact, nobody lives a stone's throw away!
See the red circle around the house? It's surrounded by
pastures paddocks and that's a milking shed to the left but there are trees blocking it from our view.
(thanks, google maps)
Don't worry about me being lonely when Hubby is at work. There are many photos just waiting for me to find them down these dirt roads!
We will be moving in two weeks! Yay!