10/31/2013

another new experience

I never thought I'd ever see the local fire truck backing into my yard garden without the house being on fire!


Our water tank was discovered mysteriously empty yesterday morning and  this is the man who drove the fire tanker to refill it. That's Hubby keeping him company.

Hopefully, we can figure out why it wasn't full in spite of the rain that we have had lately.

Thank you, Eltham Volunteer Fire Department for the 13,000 liters of water--even if it only filled it about half way!

10 comments:

Nonnie said...

I have never seen this happen. It makes me wonder if our local fire department would offer this service. Was there a charge for this service?

betty-NZ said...

Yes, Norma, there is a charge, but I don't know how much, since the landlord is the one who pays for it.

ruthinian said...

that never happen in the US. wink*** or maybe it does but not here.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great that the fire department will provide water to wells that run out. Thanks for the visit.
Joy

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

An interesting glimpse of life in New Zealand. :)

Gail Dixon said...

Well, I'm glad there wasn't a fire! Hope the mystery of the missing water will be solved.

mail4rosey said...

That's super nice that they came out to fill it!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Why do you need a water tank like that? no mains.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your comment.

I never heard of the fire department giving this service in the US. I'm glad you were able to fill your water tank with their help.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hi Betty
Thank you for following me! I must admit I do appreciate mains water but super cool to have a delivery with a fire engine in the garden - hope you don't use it up too quickly, 3 Minute showers!!!
Wren x