5/21/2016

sharing an old email

Back in June of 2014, a New Zealander was attacked in Poland and left for dead. I got an email from a Polish resident that day that I saved because it was so sweet. I have no idea who the writer was but I was quite touched by the fact that, somehow (possibly through this blog), I was the recipient of the email. It read:


I just read the news that in Poland in Zakopane was beaten tourist from New Zealand. 

I am ashamed and I'm sorry about what happened in Zakopane. I do not know why some people behave in such a way, why do such things. I am glad that the bandits were apprehended by the police. I hope that the bandits receive long sentences. I also hope that a tourist from New Zealand will also have fond memories of your stay in Poland. 
Probably you do not know this man, but if I could, I would tell him that I am very sorry and I am very sad because of this event. 

Mariusz from Nowy Sacz






It's so nice to know that people are moved by this type of action.




13 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

What an amazing note to receive. You have been blessed by this person's thoughtfulness. How wonderful. Thanks for sharing this with us; it improves my outlook about humanity and its actions.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

This makes the world a better place. Very touching.

Linda said...

It always amazes me to know kindness, thoughtfulness and such still exist in this world...what a beautiful note. Thanks for visiting me, I have added you to my reading list.

Melanie said...

Such a nice email. With all the violence in the world, it is so nice to find caring people still around!

Gosia said...

It was a positive reaction. Love from Poland

Anita Johnson said...

Nothing like kindness....thank you for sharing.💕

Amy said...

so nice, I like it when people reach out like that :-)

Barbro said...


Imagine, if all people could think that way...

KL said...

That's indeed a sweet and short email. The world would be such a lovely place if all of us behaved like this letter-writer.

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! How nice of someone to send that email.

Natasha said...

This is such a lovely post to read. It's amazing what the kindness of a stranger can do, and I agree with the person who sent you the letter, I hope it doesn't detract other people from visiting! - Tasha

bj said...

such a nice email...thanks so much for stopping by...hope you will come often.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

I am delighted with your fasting and lovely kociaczkami.
Lovely photos.
Greetings from Poland.
Lucja