3/15/2018

A little taste of America


I knew there was a Dunkin' Donuts in the Auckland airport because I
saw their bags with the wonderful treats wander through Wellington airport.

I was surprised to find that, according to their NZ page, there are FOUR 
in the airport and only 3 outside of Auckland.

Since, we were taking the MIL to the Auckland airport, and I only knew about 
the shops there, I thought it would be nice to get a doughnut or two when we
dropped her off for her flight home.

Driving in the big city isn't something we like to do, so Hubby's research 
found that there were two in Hamilton--a much smaller 
town, easier to navigate-and we'd be passing through on our way home.

I am a very happy camper, having had a piece of the US for the 
first time in eleven years and Hubby was a bit impressed, too :)

15 comments:

diane b said...

Nice memories of US.

Little Wandering Wren said...

I'm so impressed that you've waited 11 years! I remember when we first moved to Brussels we used to drive to a British shop to buy the things we missed, and some of the things we never knew we missed until we saw them in the British Shop! I hope you enjoyed your donuts!
Wren x

Michelle said...

Those are some good doughnuts!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

They are really good doughnuts. Enjoy!

Pat Tillett said...

Yum! They are very good. I really one (or three) right now.

Jeanna said...

I think you impress easily, lol. Would love to send you some Greenbush Bakery donuts, now those are beautiful in their simplicity.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

They are so good, especially with coffee! I love the sugar sprinkled ones. x Karen

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like their donuts, too. And their coffee. I enjoyed reading your blog post about your quest to get these.

likeschocolate said...

I wouldn't mind a little Dunkin Doughnuts right now! Super yummy! The nearest one is about 30 minutes away in Frankfurt. Have a great week!

Sheltie Times said...

What fun. Sometimes it is the little things you miss.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Dunkin Donuts recently came to Colorado--they were not this far west about 5 years ago. We also can buy them at our airport. So good and I like their coffee too!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm! And love your header!!!!

Jill Harrison said...

sounds like you enjoyed the donuts! I used to by donuts as a sugar fix when I was working, but haven't had one for a few years now. You are making me want one! Have a fabulous week.

Stewart M said...

But the question is : were they as good as you remembered?

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Amy Johnson said...

My hubby and I don't like to drive in unfamiliar big cities either! My husband recently tried a Dunkin Donut after a long absence from them and said they changed their recipe and he doesn't like them anymore, What did you think?