8/20/2024

Much ado about a phone

 Today I got a new phone. Considering the first (and only) phone I ever had was at least 5 years old, it's a big step. I mean, it couldn't even read QR codes!

I really wasn't prepared for all the work I had to do just to get it running, but I understand the security that is needed out in the world for those 'just in case' situations. So, a nap was in order to get rid of my headache 😌

It's bigger than my old phone and feels like it's 'more important', if you know what I mean; but, that is lost on me, since I have all of 13 contacts--some of which are businesses like the pharmacy and doctor's office :)

But, anyway, I'm all set up for the next 5 years or so of texting (or calling if I have to) and, more importantly, amusing myself while waiting for appointments.



4 comments:

gz said...

Slightly bigger is a good idea..phones had been getting so small that a magnifying glass was needed to read the screen!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Know the feeling about changing phones - thankfully I have family to help me to set up when I have had to change!!
Blessings
Maxine

local alien said...

So much to learn on a new phone. Enjoy it !

Tine de Jong said...

Hi, here's Tine from the Netherlands again on your blog. It's been a long time, but I was checking my comments on older blogs and I came across a nice comment from you. And I thought I'd see if you still posted anything and I saw that I was lagging behind. But yes, I read many of them and I can't and don't want to sit behind my laptop all day, although unfortunately I'm now alone since my husband passed away in October 2021 on exactly the last day. Fortunately, I was able to take care of him myself for 3 months. And I don't have internet on my phone. I do ot need that with the vieuw people i have in my life left. and I also recently buy a new phone because the old one stopped working and I couldn't use the SIM card anymore. I use the Lebara. I buy in the store than for 20 euro calling credit and recieve 20 for free and thats enough for me. I now have a Galaxy A15 and that took some getting used to. It also took a few days to set everything up the way I wanted it and to delete the apps that I don't use. It's also a bit heavier than the old one. But they say you get used to everything, but this one needs a little more time from me. I also have only a few contacts in it and a man from the phone shop was able to transfer them. That makes a difference. I have no family and no help here but with patience I will be able to deal with it. Greetings, Tine Wish you succes with yours and yes mine is heavy and big too.