12/03/2009

Blazing glory

The kids and hubby decided I needed to watch out for Blaze, since they wanted to see what it's like to have a dog. Of course, they didn't think past any of them not being here, so guess who got stuck for a week?

She's not bad, if you like needy, pathetic dogs. Of course, her neurosis has it's uses, since I know she won't run away--she can't do that and be touching me at the same time.




Having her for a week while I am trying to pack up so we can move next week, attending end-of-year school functions, ATC mess dinner, awards prize-givings, bake cakes for the Scouts fundraiser (which I will NOT be involved more than that) and do all the daily stuff that needs doing--laundry, dishes, cooking...and, I was just reminded that Hubby and I both forgot our anniversary in all that was going on!

...yeah, it's a breeze. [Where is that sarcasm font when you need it?]

10 comments:

FranE said...

Poor sweetie dog. Where are you moving?

betty-NZ said...

Yes, she really is a sweetie. How can you resist that face!?

We are just moving across town to a house that actually has insulation and a heating system.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Betty, Good Luck with your move. That is always hard---but will be wonderful when you are IN--and all set-up...

Sweet little doggie.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sandra said...

Sounds like you've got your hands full! Oh yeah, heat is a good thing to have. Hope you enjoy your new place.

Ruahines said...

KIa ora Betty,
I know what you mean about being busy. I was so busy last week with work, kids, a mate over for Thanksgiving. and planning my wifes 40th bday for Saturday that I forgot her actual birthday was Tuesday! It took a lot of groveling to get out of that doghouse. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Cheers,
Robb

Jewel Allen said...

At least you both did :-)

I sometimes forget the date of our anniv, but thank goodness I remember it when it comes around.

Blaze is a sweetheart. Nice of you to give her a temp (?) home. Good luck with the move!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

LOL, when both of you should forget your anniversary.

How far are you moving to? Coming up to sunny Auckland, though if you came up today, I would be embrassed because our weather is so awful.

betty-NZ said...

Ann, we're just moving across town. Will be moving north in a few years.

RennyBA's Terella said...

It might be a challenge, but for sure the dog is cute :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty

Thankyou so much for taking care of Blaze for me while I was away for that week. It was a relief for me to send her to a home where I knew she'd be loved and cared for as much as I do.

I hope your move went well and you are now enjoying your new home.

Many blessings to you and your family xxx