2/14/2010

Wright's Water Gardens (holiday part8)

Wright's Water Gardens is just south of Auckland. We were all amazed by this place of beauty from an old quarry and had to drag Missy away from photographing the water lilies! I have no idea how many  photos we all took, but I know it was a lot.


We really liked how they had build little wooden walkways out onto the water lily ponds so you could get a close-up view.



I found this little guy catching a few rays of sunshine in one of the lily ponds.

This would be the perfect place for weddings or anniversaries!


The history of this place is really cool and there is an abundance of photo opportunities for everyone--from simple lilies to a neat little temple hidden away in the brush. They had plants for sale and the lady behind the counter was really sweet!

13 comments:

MissKris said...

Every time I come here and see new photos posted I always marvel and wonder why God decided to focus so much of His beauty on your particular little part of the planet? If I ever DO travel, NZ is on the top of my list.

chitra said...

I appreciate you for capturing the wonderful pictures so well.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I presume you have to pay to visit? Otherwise I would love to visit and get my hair wet by the pounding water.

Happy valentine's day.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, do you link these to the Scenic Sunday meme? Theya re very pretty scenes.

Louise | Italy said...

Looks like a beautiful place. And peaceful, too. I love Excalibur, wedged into the rock. You didn't catch sight of the Lady of the Lake, did you?!

Unknown said...

Wow! Your photos are amazing!! Beautiful.

Louise | Italy said...

Greetings again from Italy via BPOTW.

Anonymous said...

What an enchanting park! Great shots.

Ronnica said...

Pretty pictures!

Sandy said...

Love the photos! The colors are outstanding.

Amy said...

Very pretty! I didn't even know this place existed!

Brenda said...

I love seeing your pictures of NZ.

Visiting from BPOTW

Sara Chapman said...

A great series. Love the water lilies and the shadow of the last one is super.