10/15/2010

You should be so lucky!

I haven't updated you on our wonderful tv listings in a while. It's the one thing that I find quaint but a bit erratic. We, of course, get a lot of British TV, but the American stuff is what intrigues me.

We got to see the first 5 whole seasons of Survivor, twice a day. Then the first season again. Then nothing. Now there's a Heroes and Villains season on once a week.

And I get to revisit the 70's and 80's without moving from the couch. And I don't need no steenkin TVland!! We can watch one episode (or six) of a program and it will disappear forever.

These are available lately....

Sledge Hammer
Miami Vice
The Guardian and The Mentalist
8 Simple Rules
Reba
A-Team
Malcolm in the Middle
Chuck
Ugly Betty
Moonlighting
Home Improvement comes and goes
US version of Life on Mars (as opposed to the British version that came out first)

We saw the last episode of Bones and now have hit-and-miss reruns. We saw the last episode of Friends, too, and it's still on twice a day.

I'm glad to say we have a few almost-up-to-date shows, but, as I said, they are subject to disappearing at any moment.


I'm loving
The Big C  
Castle
Human Target
NCIS


I watch these, too...

CSI
CSI- Miami
Cold Case
Criminal Minds
Without a Trace

I don't know what happened to NCIS-Los Angeles  after the few episodes we had.
And, of course, the Simpsons are everywhere!!

There are some American shows that I don't watch for one reason or another. Mostly because they are really lame (IMHO). If you're bored enough to want to check it out yourself, here's the link....



Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!

5 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

I absolutely flipped over the American version of "Life on Mars". Needless to say I was very disappointed when it was canceled.

Moonlighting is still one of my favorites and Castle is a great show but I don't get to see it much.

Marja said...

very good My favourite is the Simpsons

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Pretty funny Betty! That schedule isi pretty erratic. With all the good actors coming out of Australia lately, I'd think you'd get TV from there -- but maybe they just go in for movies?

I think I'd be happy with the British shows -- my husband loves the CSI stuff, but I don't much.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Me again! Tx for visiting FT-L -- I'll have a few more posts about St Augustine -- it was definitely picture-worthy!

Do you think you guys might ever travel back to the US for a visit?

betty-NZ said...

Thanks, Sallie, I will check your blog for more photos.

I don't think we will be visiting the US any time soon, unless we win the lottery!