10/05/2009

Our N-scale world

I married a family that has a great interest in trains. Any kind of trains. All kinds of trains.

Hubby had built Otterboy an HO scale track a few years back that they both enjoyed. Earlier this year, we decided to build an N-scale track as a family project. Hubby and Otterboy did the basic designs and construction.







Missy and I worked on the scenery details.




It's almost finished. There is some electrical work to be done and a few more cars and engines to be purchased, but we are pretty pleased with it so far.

9 comments:

Juli said...

We love trains too. When I was growing up, my father had a HUGE model railroad in our basement, with mountains and tunnels, etc. So fun!

Debra Howard said...

What a cool project. Very well done.
Debbie

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

The family plays together, grows together. You have a great family.

Marja said...

Looks fantastic Reminds me of the train track my brother build on the attack when we are young. He spend ages making little villages, trees and bridges. It was wonderful

lacochran said...

That's pretty impressive. I wouldn't want to build it but I'd probably want to play with it when it's done. :)

Bitsa Lit said...

So cool! It looks better than some of the ones I ave seen in museums and such! great job guys!

Connie said...

Awesome! My dad and his brothers had a huge model train set-up when they were kids... (he died 5 years ago, in his 70's) ... I have photos, and I have his trains too. I love them! He had a small set-up when we were kids, and I hope that one day I can set up a model village like this with my kids. Looks like it might be with my grandkids though, by the time we settle down :D Enjoy and I'd love to see more photos of the details.

Shoshana said...

My boys loves trains, but they haven't graduated from Thomas trains. This is quite impressive.

Joe Todd said...

What a great project. I see years of enjoyment