9/16/2010

They do things differently here

High school teachers all over the country had a strike day on Wednesday.

Just one day.

That's all, just one day.

I was under the impression that they were striking because the classroom sizes are out of hand and they want smaller classes. But most of the newspaper articles say it's for more money. Hmmm.

I remember when I was in high school, the teachers went on strike. We had to show up every morning for attendance and then we went back home. That lasted a couple of weeks I think (hay! That was a long time ago and Methuselah would be hard pressed to remember that far back). But they did get what they wanted.

Apparently, the one-day-at-a-time strike works, since it worked the last time the teachers did it, back in 2002, but it sure isn't the way things work in the USA.

2 comments:

Tiffany in Topeka said...

Interesting.... I think it's against the law for us to strike now. Not really sure though. Hrmmmm.... After our new revision of health care, I'm tempted! LOL!

chitra said...

Here to get everything people always strike. One way not to work for a day.:)