11/05/2010

You never know...



I was shocked, confused, bewildered as I entered Heaven’s door--
not by the beauty of it all, nor the lights nor it’s décor,

But it was the folks in Heaven who made me sputter and gasp—
The thieves, the liars, the sinners, alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kids from seventh grade who swipe my
lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor who never said anything nice.

Bob, who I always thought was rotting away in hell,
was sitting pretty on cloud nine, looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, “What’s the deal? I’d love to hear Your take.
How ‘d all these sinners get in here? God must’ve made a mistake.
And why is everyone quiet, so somber? Give me a clue?”

“Hush, child,” He said, “They’re all in shock.
No one thought they’d be seeing you.”

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great poem! lol I just came by from Best Post of the Week.

KB said...

Yikes, I wonder what he/she did.
Enjoyed this.

Anonymous said...

Very funny - and a good lesson too!

Marja said...

lol good one

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh....what a great twist to the end.

Sandra said...

Funny! Thanks for sharing!

Pardonne Moi said...

I love that! Funny!