6/10/2011

Baked tacos

Otterboy doesn't care for plain flour tortillas, although the rest of us do. When we make tacos for a meal, he eats all the fixings without eating the shells.
When I was single, I would sometimes fry one at a time and they were really good, but I can't figure how to do that on a large scale, so I was looking for recipes that I thought Otterboy would like. I came across 'baked tacos' recipes and I'm happy to say, they worked like magic!

Using parts of different recipes, this is what I did....

Lightly spray one side of tortillas and fold. Stand them up, sprayed side down in baking dish and add a large spoonful of meat.  I used ground beef mince and chicken, separately.  Add a little cheese and bake in preheated oven at about  250C (450F) until edges start to brown, about 8-10 minutes.

Remove from oven and add more cheese and your usual taco toppings.

Now we can have tacos and everybody can be happy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

stopped by from best posts of the week hop, these tacos sound delish!!!!

KB said...

YUM!!!

Marja said...

mmmm That sounds delicious Tacos is one of my favourites We ate it last night.