12/14/2016

When wallpaper eludes you

Renting a house has its good points and bad points. 
One of the bad points is that not all renters treat it with care. 
Another is when the wallpaper on all the walls is out of date and, even if you could find the large flower pattern (which resembles angry goats, according to Hubby) it would probably not match perfectly. 
Below is an excellent example. I covered this plaster spot above the living room/lounge light switch with a framed photo, but have decided it's time for a change.

My first thought was to take a photo of the pattern and print it out and glue it onto the appropriate place. (That's where my mind goes. I've come to accept that it's about a half-bubble off plumb).
So, I took the photo and printed it; then I edited it several ways, but couldn't adjust the colors to even closely match. :(
When I showed it to Hubby, he suggested to frame it, and so that's what I did!


We call it 'Home Renovation, Eltham Style'!

9 comments:

Marja said...

so cool and original lol

facile et beau - Gusta said...

perfect!!! what a cool idea.

Hetty said...

I think is is a fantastic solution! Maybe you should us a baroc gold frame to make it "over the top" . A real eye catcher. Groetjes Hetty

likeschocolate said...

grat idea! happy holidays!

Amy said...

ha good idea!

Rajesh said...

Very lovely idea.

Dorothy Borders said...

Wow, what innovative minds your and your husband have! I would never have thought of such a solution, but it worked beautifully.

Anita Johnson said...

This is so excellent! Love it...I loved the glue idea too!

KL said...

Actually it's looking very interesting, almost giving a surreal feeling as if the design outside the inside frame and inside the frame has a mind of its own; it changed after getting in or out. No one can tell that it was created to hide some defects. It seems like it's all one, together.