11/01/2009

Flashback time!





vibration 600 exercises
I would be curious to know of the vitality600 is being advertised in the US. 'They' (whoever 'they' are) say that there has been just oodles of research gone into this 'new' way to exercise. You can exercise every part of your body, apparently, as long as you can fold yourself up like a pretzel and still put some part of your anatomy onto the vibrating pad.














We have been seeing ads for this vibrating machine for a couple of week now and, every time I see it, I get a flashback to the '60s that looks something like this:



My problem with the whole thing is this: If vibrating your body without exerting any effort was such a terrific way to lose weight, why did it die in the '60s? *shakes head and walks away*

5 comments:

Marja said...

haha love the photo What they all do to sell and loose weight. Yes I think the only way is proper exercise and eating less

Connie said...

It must feel good or something? I have back issues - herniated disc, all that fun stuff - and I could see how a vibrating thing might loosen up joints and give a relaxed, loosened up effect. I have found that driving on rough roads (in Cairo, that meant 'driving' anywhere) helped loosen up my back when I had spasms to deal with. Not so sure about weight loss ;D but the 'feel good' aspect might be part of what helps to bring the fad back now and again.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

If you find a spare one, I would be happy to do the testing for you, Trouble with some of these vibrating machine is they make you dizzy.

dyanna said...

What a wonderful post! I like it.
Have a nice day.

lacochran said...

I am in the US and I don't know if I've seen exact product but I've seen similar devices/claims. I'm with you... *cuts eyes to show skepticism*