11/02/2012

Everybody talks about the weather....

Even though I live on an island in the South Pacific, it's a bit farther south than the image that comes to mind when you hear the words 'South Pacific'. But that's ok because it's about the same distance from the equator as the state of Kansas, and I found that the weather isn't usually drastic one way or the other except for the fact that that living with a mountain between us and the ocean causes us to have a lot of rain.

But, it was a good surprise to find that most of the weather is very tolerable, even for someone like me, who doesn't like to be cold, cool, or anything but warm at any time. That being said, I still find it a bit chilly at night, every night, even in the summer and I usually turn on my side of the electric blanket for a while each night because I cannot sleep when I'm not warm.

So, you can understand my confusion when, last night, just being well into spring, I was still in shorts with the windows open at 11 o'clock at night and didn't have to turn on any heat at all to sleep until about 5am. I was ecstatic and terribly hopeful. It seems so wonderful and I thought it might be a good sign of the weather turning really, really nice for a change.

Alas, today, we awoke to the normal spring weather, rainy and nippy. But, I'm still hoping that maybe this year's weather will bring me a few more nice, warm surprises.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, this summer will be better than last years.

Gloria said...

I've been looking at some of your older posts and the photos of birds, plants, and ocean are gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping at my blog. Best of luck with the change in the weather.

Are We There Yet! said...

Like you, I only like warm weather. Not sure why I stay in Pennsylvania because it is cold here a lot of the time. I guess when you grow up in a place, raise your kids.... there is no place like home. Cold or Not.

LONDONLULU said...

Everyone's been talking about the weather here too - what a week with our hurricanes! Thank you for dropping by. (I also spent some time in a semi-expat life, going between the US East Coast and London for 4 years before finally moving back to the US...for now:)

Brenda said...

I do hope your weather gets a little warmer for you. I love your blog and your awesome photos. AND your story! And you have brought this very beautiful place to all of us to enjoy. I'm now a follower on this blog, but you have so many I think I will have to check them all out.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog @ Down Memory La La Lane. Isn't blogging AWESOME?
Wonderful to meet you.
Brenda

DeniseinVA said...

I hope you get more warmer nights real soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed visiting here.

Laurie Collett said...

It's a bit nippy by Florida standards, but very pleasant! Out thoughts & prayers are with all those in the path of Sandy and now the NE U.S. storm. Thanks for the great post, & God bless!

Crafty Green Poet said...

hope you have a nice warm spring, meanwhile we're gearing up for a cold winter here!