7/14/2009

....bloody ad

There is an ad on tv that says, "I bloody love live pause." Whenever I try to say it, I have to really concentrate or it comes out, "I love bloody live pause." I suppose you need to be English to understand how to use the word 'bloody' because it never has become an easy word for me to use.

However, I have become accustomed to the 'live pause' part of it all. Yes, we have MySkyHDI, which is the NZ equivalent of TiVo. It wasn't something that I even thought about having, since I didn't even have basic cable in the States. But, it has become a sort of extra-curricular game to use it at our house. When you hear "I bloody..." you know the rest of the sentence and you also know that whoever has 'the stick' is going to rewind the program for some reason.

But, it's ok because the bloody thing keeps me from having to remember to tape shows for the kids when they aren't here. And, I'm not forced to watch 'Snickers' (as Otterboy calls 'the Seeker') just because I am recording it.

I guess I have changed my attitude about a lot of things as I get older. When I first heard of TiVo a few years ago, I just rolled my eyes and thought it was for people who couldn't be bothered with tapes and being respectful so that everyone watching tv could hear the plot. But, now I am only concerned with teaching the kids to have respect for other people in the room and I don't have to miss the plot to do it! And, to be honest, I'm glad I don't have to be bothered with tapes. Life is good!

7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

My son is always nagging me to get TiVo, but I have no intentions of doing so. If I miss a show--even if I miss taping it--I'll watch it later when the rerun it! Thanks for sharing. Have a happy day.

betty-NZ said...

That was my attitude when I was in KS, but here in NZ, everything is erratic, including tv. We might get season 3 of something and never see another episode!

Anonymous said...

I bloody love reading your blog.

Lorac said...

Lol Sometimes easy is good! Go with the flow Bettyl!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. Hope you come again. Gotta go read what you are all about now.

Anonymous said...

When I grew up in Eastern Europe there was only government TV - Chanel One from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm and Chanel Two from 7:00 pm to 11:30pm. That is it! There is so much crap on TV now - sometimes I miss the old times :) There were no adds at all then :)

Ronnica said...

I still don't have DVR of any kind, so I stay away from live TV, except for the shows I can't find online. I hate starting to watch something and being interrupted and missing out!